PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Freedoms will have their home opener tonight at 7:00pm ET, when they take on the defending WTT champions Orange County Breakers. The doors to Hagan Arena at Saint Joseph’s University will open at approximately 5:30pm, with the exciting Freedoms Fest going on out front.
- The Freedoms have been off to a hot start, winning their first three matches of the season.
- They will look to extend their winning streak tonight, when they take on the 1-2 Breakers.
- During the win streak, the Freedoms have outscored their opponents by 7, 5, and 4.
- Taylor Townsend leads all women’s singles players with 15 games won.
- Townsend and doubles partner Raquel Atawo lead the league with 14 games won.
- Kevin King has been playing outstanding, as he leads the league in Men’s Singles with 24 games played and 13 wins.
- King and doubles partner Fabrice Martin have played well together, playing 24 games and winning 12 of them.
- Kevin King is 3-0 in closing opportunities.
- The Breakers are the defending WTT champions, after defeating the San Diego Aviators 22-18 in last year’s final.
- The Breakers lost their season opener against the Freedoms on Sunday, July 15th by a score of 16-23.
- With a 1-2 record, the Breakers are looking to avoid a two-game losing streak.
- The Breakers are currently undefeated on the road.
The Freedoms will play back-to-back home games, when they take on the undefeated Washington Kastles on Friday at 7:00pm! #ServingFreedom