Drexel University Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Daskalakis Athletic Center? The beautiful, state-of-the-art Daskalakis Center – the “DAC” is located in University City on the campus of Drexel University on Market Street between 33rd and 34th Street. The DAC’s street address is 3301 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 and is easily accessible from the Schuylkill Expressway. For a Google Maps Link to the Venue, Click Here.
Where Can I Park for a Freedoms Match? Fans can park directly across the street from the DAC in Drexel University’s Lot located on 34th street between Market and Chestnut, the entrance for the lot is on Ludlow Street. Additional university and city parking lots and garages are also available. For a Google Maps Link, Click Here.
Can I Take Public Transportation to the DAC? YES! The DAC is located within walking distance of 30th Street Station, which is a hub for SEPTA’S Regional Rail and Amtrak Lines. In addition to 30th Street Station, the Market-Frankford Line stops directly outside of the venue at the corner of 34th Street.
- From Philadelphia International Airport: Take SEPTA’s R1 train to 30th Street Station (30th and Market Streets), which is four blocks from the DAC.
- Amtrak: Amtrak trains stop at 30th Street Station (30th and Market Streets), which is four blocks from the DAC.
- SEPTA: Regional Rail All Regional Rail trains stop at 30th Street Station (30th and Market Streets), which is four blocks from the DAC.
- SEPTA Subways and Trolleys: The Market-Frankford Line (the Blue Line) stops at 30th and 34th Streets, and all trolley trains (the Green Lines) stop at 30th and 33rd Streets.
For the latest schedules and information, please visit:
- SEPTA – Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
- New Jersey Transit
- PATCO – Port Authority Transit Corporation
I’m From Out of Town, Where Can I Stay? The Study is a beautiful and modern hotel that is located directly across the street from the DAC! The Study is the official hotel of the Philadelphia Freedoms. Visit The Study’s website or call 215.387.1400 to reserve now!
Where Can I Eat Before a Match? University City boasts numerous restaurants and bars that are within walking distance of the DAC. From fast casual such as Chipotle, Blaze Pizza and Shake Shack to food trucks that line Market Street and University City staples like Baby Blues BBQ Philly and Zavino, there is food for all! Not to mention Landmark Americana is located INSIDE the DAC
and is a perfect spot for pre-match food and drinks! Visit Landmark Americana’s website to view the menu and drink specials
Where do I Enter the DAC for a Freedoms Match? Fans will enter the DAC’s main entrance which is located off of Lancaster Walk which can be accessed from 33rd and 34th Street. The Box Office is also located at the main entrance.
Then What? Find your seat, sit-back, relax and enjoy world-class tennis and entertainment